Schneider Electric’s Unit Performance Suite for the Oil & Gas Industry now Available across Gulf Region
- Enhancement of real-time optimization system helps refineries achieve and sustain performance improvement
- Schneider Electric is first to market with a combined real-time optimization and business benefits monitoring software solution
Dubai – UAE: 08 November, 2016 – Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management and automation, recently announced availability of Unit Performance Suite for the Oil & Gas industry, across the Gulf Region. Based on Schneider Electric’s market leadership in real-time optimization, this new software suite is the first in the industry to package closed-loop, real-time optimization with monitoring and workflow in a single solution for refineries.
Many refineries require additional performance improvement beyond adding new equipment or changing catalysts; real-time optimization is a key requirement. This solution can help refineries better understand current operating performance, to then identify future improvement in terms of operational efficiency, all without adding specialists to their organizations.
Built on closed-loop optimization driven by SimSci ROMeo™, Unit Performance Suite is an easily configurable solution with intuitive dashboards and workflows. This ease of use lets refineries quickly and easily understand how their software is performing, what its current business contribution is, and how to improve that contribution in the future.
Specific benefits of Schneider Electric’s Unit Performance Suite include:
- Real-Time Optimization (RTO) – to reduce operations costs and improve refinery margins by optimizing operating conditions based on industry leading ROMeo software; savings in the $6-40 million per year are possible
- Intuitive Dashboards – to simplify how key parameters of process operation are monitored across the enterprise and ROMeo operations to achieve greater economic benefits; greater visibility can accelerate future performance improvement
- Automated and Standardized Process Workflows – to improve collaboration for pricing changes, maintaining data quality and optimizing software performance, among other parameters, to maximize the unit optimization benefit
“With the global Oil & Gas industry facing operational and market challenges, our customers need a reliable solution to help them achieve and sustain desired improvements,” said Doug Warren, Vice President, Software, Industry Solutions at Schneider Electric. “Unit Performance Suite helps reduce operating costs and improve profitability, allowing refineries to remain competitive. With this offering, refineries can achieve significant economic benefit, with fast ROI from real-time process optimization.”
Learn more the Unit Performance Suite from Schneider Electric at
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of €27 billion in FY2015, our 160,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies will reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Hashtags: #oilandgas #innovation #SimSci